April 13, 2023
Collection of Personal Data
The personal data we may collect from you include but is not limited to—
- Your name and contact details;
- Your national identification number or passport number;
- Information about you in relation to matters on which you intend to engage or instruct us;
- Your likeness or voice from messages and media including photographs or videos; and
- Your online data when you access our website (including IP address).
We may collect your personal data in the following manner:—
- When you provide us with your personal data (e.g. when you contact us);
- In the ordinary course of our professional relationship;
- When you visit or use our website; and
- When third parties provide it to us.
Please note that the personal data you provide to us must be recent, accurate, and complete.
Reasons for Collecting Your Data
We may require your personal data for the following purposes:—
- To provide legal advice and services to you in the ordinary course of our work;
- To administer our business relation with you, which includes performing mandatory customer due diligence checks;
- To keep you informed of updates on your matter;
- To respond to your feedback;
- To ensure the continuous functioning and operation of our Website;
- Other reasons for which we will obtain your consent prior to the collection and processing of your personal data; and
- Other purposes prescribed by law.
By accessing our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we may place cookies on your computer or device.
Cookies enable us to tailor your experience of our Website. Our Website will transfer information to your computer for record purposes. We will also use these to make improvements.
Web browsers will frequently have options that allow you to control whether your browser will accept or reject cookies. If you disable cookies, some parts of our Website may become inoperable or may not function properly. You may delete stored cookies from your browser at any time.
Your personal data may be disclosed to third party service providers, other professional advisors and consultants with whom we are dealing on your behalf, necessary government authorities, as well as other third parties including solicitors for the opposing party.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as the purposes for which we have collected it continue to apply. However, please note that we may be required to retain some of your personal data after the conclusion of your matter for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Protection of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, copying, alteration, destruction, or similar risks as is required under the PDPA.
In the event that we suffer a data breach in which your data is affected or compromised, we will endeavor to inform you of the same as soon as is practicable. We will additionally inform the Personal Data Protection Commission (the ‘PDPC‘) if such a breach has caused or is likely to clause significant harm of damage.
Access to and Correction of the Personal Data We Hold
Please contact our Data Protection Officer Winnie Phua at email@example.com if you wish to—
- Make a request or obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Make a request for your personal data to be updated or corrected; or
- Withdraw your consent for us to use or disclose the personal data we hold about you.
Please allow reasonable time for us to respond to you in respect of the above requests.
We may reject a request for disclosure or correction, the grounds for which may include but are not limited to—
- The information is part of opinion data and kept solely for an evaluative purpose;
- The information relates to a prosecution if all proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
- The information is subject to legal privilege;
- The requested information may reveal the personal data of another individual; or
- The disclosure of the information would be contrary to national interest.
Chia Wong Chambers LLC
6 Temasek Boulevard
Suntec Tower 4, #38-02
Tel: +65 6342 0002